Saturday, March 24, 2018

'I am listed dead, I can't do anything': Romanian court tells man he's not alive

Image Credit: PD - Joe Gratz
Via usatoday.com by Jessica Durando

He's a dead man walking and the court ruling is final.

A Romanian court has rejected a man's claim that he is still very much alive, after he was officially registered as deceased, the Associated Press reports.

Constantin Reliu, 63, lost his case in Vasului because he appealed too late on the ruling, a court spokeswoman said Friday.

The story goes that Reliu had traveled to Turkey in 1992 for work and lost contact with his family. Since his wife had not heard from her husband in years, she acquired a death certificate for him in 2016, the AP reports.


However, since Reliu was discovered by Turkish authorities this year with expired papers, he was deported back to Romania. That's when he discovered he had been declared dead.

“I am officially dead, although I’m alive," he said, according to the AP. "I have no income and because I am listed dead, I can’t do anything.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment