Sunday, October 11, 2015

Tales of the Ouija - Part 3

Photo: CL/Spencer Rowell / Getty Images
Via paranormal.about.com by Stephen Wagner

Is the Ouija just a toy... or a device that can open windows to a dark, shadowy world? Before you place your fingers on that plastic planchette, you may want to read these five stories

Some of the strangest, most haunting paranormal experiences that readers report began with the casual use of a Ouija board. While skeptics maintain that such experiences are merely reactions to our own overactive imaginations, many paranormal experts insist that the Ouija can be a dangerous tool if not used properly.

Here are five tales that will keep you wondering who's right.

THE OUIJA OPENS A DANGEROUS DOOR

Several months ago, I was at my best friend Holly's new apartment. Her boyfriend Dale and I helped her move her stuff in; Holly was at work. Dale and I got bored, so we decided to mess with Holly's Ouija board, thinking like total idiots that it wouldn't work. We set it up in the laundry room with lights out and lit candles. The first thing the board spelled out was APT. We figured that meant "apartment," so we asked if it meant Holly's apartment, and it said YES. Dale asked, "What about the apartment?" It spelled out BODIES.

We started freaking out just a little right about then. "What about bodies?" The answer: 7... 7 BODIES... 7 BODIES IN THE SHOWER. "Where?" we asked. HERE IN APT. "When?" 3 DAYS AND 25 HRS.

By then we were tripping out, so we left, leaving the Ouija board set up and the candles burning. Bad idea. Holly and another friend, a guy named Tim, came home. Tim is a practicing Wiccan and has good contact with things of that nature.

Boredom hit, so we drank a bit and did a séance of sorts. During the séance, Holly started acting really weird. She started screaming for Annabelle (her cat) and her crystal, which was on a chain. Then she started speaking in a strange language none of us understood. We had given her Annabelle, then she jumped up screaming something and ran upstairs.

The upstairs in this apartment is like an open loft with a balcony overlooking the downstairs. Holly made her way to the balcony screaming things and holding Annabelle over the edge. Her speech slowly evolved to English. At first she could only say "child." We assumed that Annabelle represented a child. She kept holding the cat over the edge. We finally got the cat away from her. She could write English, but not speak anything but "child." She wrote in a childish scrawl her name, which she said was Ankarak and that she was from 2500 B.C.E. Japan. Her English was becoming better. She wrote that she was a slave.

After about an hour, almost all her words were English. She said she did not want her child to be a slave like Ankarak. We put together information that she had fallen in love with this guy, Beltran (who she thought was Dale), and they had a child (Annabelle), but he only wanted her for sex and left her with a child. He was to marry a rich girl (me). She got angry when she heard me or saw me, threatening to murder me. Dale and I talked downstairs and she heard us. She screamed, "Bitch! Do you not think I can hear you talking to him? He is mine. When I see you, I will stab you through the heart!" Holly had a case of very sharp kitchen knives in a cabinet. Something told me to hide them, so I did -- in the freezer.

Upstairs, meanwhile, Tim was holding her down because she was trying to get free. He had called Tiffany, a friend of his who also dealt with this sort of thing. She talked to Dale and me, but couldn't make it yet. Ankarak screamed that Holly would die. Holly kinda came back for about 30 seconds, asking for help. The next time she came back a little longer and talked about being in a strange place in a strange body. She said she ran through streets and it was raining; that she was carrying something in her hands (a baby) and that she was being chased by large, muscular men in loincloths with strange necklaces around their necks. Then her hands flew around her neck. Beltran, who was also there, was helping Ankarak choke Holly.

When Tiffany arrived, Ankarak was back in full force. She broke away from Tim and Tiffany, then ran downstairs and began going through all of the cabinets in the kitchen looking for something. She screamed, "Where are they?" meaning the knives. She settled for a steak knife and came after me. I managed to get it away and threw it behind a bookshelf. Tim and Tiffany finally got rid of Ankarak. Then we remembered the Ouija board. Tiffany was angry that Tim hadn't mentioned it before. When we opened the laundry room door, Tiffany dropped like a stone, as if she were in pain. We got the board out of the house and they made an attempt to cleanse the room. All the spirits were gone.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep all night. You may wonder where the messages in the Ouija board come into play. Well, the seven bodies would have been me, Dale, Holly, Lily (cat), Annabelle (cat), Tinkerbell (rat), Chloe (my rat). And to the exact minute when everything ended, Dale and I had been at Holly's house exactly three days and 25 hours. -- Autumn


THE RED-EYED SHADOW FIGURE

When I was about three years old, my father was deeply into the Ouija board, to the point where every time he got home from work he would use it. You're not supposed to use it by yourself, but my father did. My mom was tired of him playing with it all the time, so she hid it in the closet. My father became so expert at it that he didn't need to use the board any longer -- he could write the letters on a paper and his eyes would focus onto certain letters, spelling out words.

This written Ouija board told my father where the real Ouija board was, and he found it in the closet!

Later, when I was about four years old, my father conjured an unknown spirit who said it was someone or something it really wasn't. He had opened the door or window for this thing and it haunted the house for awhile.

My father finally stopped practicing the Ouija board when the spirit, or another, came to me one night when I was sleeping. I had a dream that this shadowy figure about one foot tall with bright red eyes was sitting on my lamp, staring me down. It whispered to me, but I couldn't make out the words. I awoke from my dream -- and there in front of me was the same shadowy figure sitting on my lamp in my bedroom!

I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall. It followed me. I jumped onto the washing machine in the kitchen... and it stopped in front of me. Then I somehow avoided it and ran into my parents' room, where my father was sleeping. It stopped at the door and wouldn't enter the room, I think because my father was in there.

From that night forward to this day, I never remember any of my dreams. -- Amber

"BABE"


When I was three years old, I had a really weird ghost encounter. I was in my living room watching cartoons and I realized I had to pee. I was headed downstairs to the basement bathroom, and halfway down the steps I saw a man walk out of the wall -- literally. He stopped in the middle of the basement and turned his head and looked directly at me! I was completely immobilized. I wanted to run, scream, move, but when he was looking at me, it was like I was frozen.

What felt like hours later (but was probably only a minute because when I got back upstairs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were still on), he just turned his head and kept walking right through a closed door into what was my grandfather's workshop area. I ran upstairs and told my father, who was sleeping at the time. He told me I must have been dreaming, but I knew I wasn't.

Years later, a few friends and I were playing with the Ouija board. We were just messing around trying to "contact" the ghosts. We were sitting in the doorway to the workshop. I was in the process of contacting when suddenly my friend screamed. I moved to look and see why she had shrieked, and a monkey wrench fell where my head had been! Apparently, it was levitating above my head. I stopped using Ouija boards.

Years after that, I told my aunt of the story and described the man I saw. She showed me a picture of the man I saw. Apparently, it had been my dad's best friend, "Babe," who had killed himself by jumping off a bridge (his body was discovered six months later). When I saw the picture, I got terrible chills up my spine. -- Cierra

OUIJA STAR

One day, a friend and I were "playing" with a Ouija board. We finally contacted a spirit, and talked to it for awhile. My mother called us down to go to the store, so we placed the planchette on GOOD-BYE and left. When we got back, it was on NO. This freaked out both of us. And I know she did not do it, because she was with me the whole time.

That night we were once again trying to contact a spirit. We did, and her name was Star. My friend and I noted how much we liked the name and that we had never met anyone named Star. The next day, my friend was talking to her mother, and her mother said, "The weirdest thing happened yesterday. I answered the door and there was a lady there with a bag of candles, and she said her name was Star."

I don't know about me, but my friend's face went ghost white. We just gave each other that look. Her mother assumed the candles were for her sister, since they were living together at the time, but when she asked, her aunt did not know anyone named Star. Since then we have not been able to get the Ouija board to work. I don't know if it was just a mere coincidence, but it stays in my mind to this day. -- Anonymous

THE OUIJA THAT WOULDN'T GO AWAY

I have been into ghosts and stuff since I was five. I loved it so much because it was very mysterious. So when I went to the store with some friends and found a "Glow In the Dark" Ouija board, I had to have it. We took it to my friend Lindsay's house and went to her room and set it up on a coffee table. We turned off the lights and the board began to glow (nothing strange). We began to channel a spirit named Sandy, who claimed to have been murdered in the house, and the killer had never been caught. She told us all she knew about the killer.

About 12:00 a.m. that night we decided to go to sleep, so we left the Ouija board on the table and covered it up with a sheet so it wouldn't keep us awake with the light. As soon as we got under the covers and got comfortable, the board began to glow red!

And this is where the weird stuff starts to happen: the table fell over, the bed levitated and the board landed on the bed at our feet. We began to really get freaked out and decided to take it outside and put it in the shed until morning.

About 2:00 a.m., when we finally went to sleep, we heard this weird thumping sound like someone was walking through the house. We didn't really pay attention until the door swung open to the room and in came the Ouija board! We got so scared that we ran outside, took a match and burned it. -- Cutie Pie

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment