Saturday, February 28, 2015

Psychic medium reconnects family through the spirit world

Via nj.com

It still amazes me when I see a psychic medium at work.

I'm not sure what's happening with these gifted people, but seeing them channel the "other side" and hearing the messages they bring to living people they don't even know is mind-boggling.

Marlton resident Jean Durkin - psychic medium, and friend and consultant to the Jersey Unique Minds Paranormal Society - returned to the Toxic Radio studio in West Deptford on Feb. 5 to conduct a psychic reading live on Paradelphia Radio.

Barb Hayes, a total stranger to Durkin, sat silently across from the medium while she scribbled in her notepad - something that just happens when she is opening up to the spirit world.

Durkin told Hayes she was getting a young man, approximately 19 or 20 years old, who was standing in front of a cemetery.

Hayes said she wasn't sure who this person was, but said she had visited a cemetery just a few days prior.

"You know him some way, I just don't know how, but he wants you to know he's with you," Durkin said. "The cemetery is his way of validating that to you."



Soon, Durkin began to see a large kitchen with many people cooking, laughing, and drinking.

"It's almost like there's a party going on," she said.

One party guest, a woman who was influential in Hayes' life, came through to Durkin.

"Did she help raise you?" Durkin asked. "She's making me feel like she tried to keep you on the straight and narrow."

Hayes confirmed that this woman, her aunt, did offer her guidance in the past.

"She helped me years ago with something," she said.

Durkin further confirmed the connection.

"And you've done a good job ever since?"

Hayes said she had.

"Because she's very proud of you," Durkin told Hayes.

But that was only the beginning of spiritual communication for Hayes.

"She just told me that you have a specific question for me," Durkin said.

Hayes, who lost her husband suddenly a few years ago, was wondering if his spirit was present in her and her daughter's lives.

"He's trying to get your attention," Durkin said. "Do you think he's around? Do you smell him?
I almost feel like he's exhausted trying to give you these signs that you two are so busy not getting."

Hayes said she does smell him a lot.

"That's how he gets your attention because it makes you stop," Durkin said.

Hayes said, since his death, she has witnessed many signs, but wasn't sure if it was her husband or not.

"I just wasn't sure," she said. "He wasn't a big talker. I do talk to him all the time, though."

Durkin confirmed she should continue to talk to her deceased husband.

"He's showing me you sitting in bed," she said. "Do you talk to him in bed?"

Hayes said she doesn't usually, but does talk to him often.

"He said, 'Just talk to me. It's me. Pay attention,'" Durkin told her, noting that he feels like she never has a moment alone. "I feel like he's a really sweet man. He's already thanked me twice."

Hayes smiled.

"Yes, he would do that," she said.

At the conclusion of the reading, Paradelphia Radio host Rick Prewitt asked Hayes if anything Durkin had said resonated with her.

"Yes," she agree enthusiastically. "A lot of things she said really hit home."

Hayes told me later that on the evening after her husband passed away, she and her daughter, Alicia Burkhardt, were outside and saw a shooting star.

"She said, 'Mom did you see that?'" she recalled. "Now I think, maybe, it was a sign from him."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment