Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Is George Clooney's new English mansion haunted?

I've been asked many times what I would do if I won millions of dollars in the lottery.

Shopping, traveling, and helping others all top the list. But in addition to paying off any debt I may have, I'd also love to buy homes in other locations - the beaches of Florida, mountains of West Virginia, and perhaps something overseas.

However, when buying a "new" house, you're taking a chance of what you may be getting into.

Actor George Clooney and his new wife Amal (Almuddin) recently purchased a $16 million manor house on the River Thames in the Village of Sonning, in Berkshire, England.

Rumor has it, the newlyweds' new abode comes with a ghost story.


According to a report on www.mydaily.co.uk, Israeli illusionist/magician Uri Geller, who lives nearby, claims the nine-bedroom getaway is haunted.

Geller said he has seen strange things on the Sonning Bridge - which is located near Clooney's home.

The website reported that Gellar said there is a ghost of a little girl who crosses the Sonning Bridge.

"I have no doubt in my mind that George Clooney will see her," he said. "It is the best house in the neighborhood to be able to see this ghost."

Apparently Uri lives just a short walk away, and will undoubtedly inform the Clooneys of their potential ghostly acquisition.

When I moved into my home nearly 20 years ago, I will admit some strange things happened. Objects would move or disappear, noises would startle me, and, one time, I felt an invisible presence sit on the end of my bed.

Once I learned the history of the home and learned of a woman who died there many years earlier, I spoke to her and told her she could leave.

It's been quiet ever since.

Moving into a new home comes with many questions including whether or not there are any permanent residents already living - or nonliving - there.

Clooney hasn't officially commented on whether he or his wife have seen any mysterious apparitions around their new home, but rumor has it that George and Amal are settling in nicely and even making friends with the locals while hanging at the local pub.

Perhaps, if George does see the ghost of the little girl, it will inspire a new movie.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment