Milla Jovovich collects weapons. The model-and-actress - who has a 21-month-old daughter Ever Gabo with her partner, director Paul W.S. Anderson - says she was never interested in traditional childhood toys and has carried her passion for martial arts and combat into her adult life.
She said: "I have so many weapons at home. It's not like I sit at home twirling knives, but I've always been into handling weapons. As a kid I liked ninja warriors, not dolls. I have some kukris. They are one-handed knives and a bit like machetes, very vicious instruments with a curved blade. They are used for hacking and I love them because they are so versatile. You can really get into the meat of an animal, slice cucumbers and kill zombies - all in one day."
The 33-year-old star loves to take her interest into her professional life, explaining that tough action scenes and daredevil stunts are her favorite things about making movies.
She added: "I get a thrill out of doing dangerous stunts. In 'A Perfect Getaway' I have to steer a kayak close to sharp rocks, miles off the coast of Puerto Rico. It's dangerous - there's a very high tide and if my boat tips over I'll go face-first on to the rocks. It's so grueling trying to get this kayak to go where I want it to go."
"Then I have a vicious cat fight with a girl who is trying to kill me. We have knives and we're hitting and punching each other on the edge of a cliff, rolling around in the dust."
"I'm working on 'Resident Evil: Extinction,' in which I have to jump off a container, twirl with my knives and come down into the sand. It's one of the most challenging scenes I've ever done."
"It's so hot in Mexico, where we're filming, that I have to put a bag of ice cubes on my head between takes. The hot sand is blowing and it's difficult just to stand, let alone do tough acrobatics and martial arts. You're ready to pass out, you are hooked up to wires wearing a huge coat and you can't have a break. It takes a lot of energy."