Friday, September 25, 2009

Church Of Satan Interview -- Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Note: This archived interview we came across is approximately fifteen years old. We hope you find it interesting.

AngleFire.com-- I was VERY fortunate to be able to interview Mrs. Peggy Nadramia of The Church Of Satan. She is currently a Magistra, On-line representative, and runner of the publishing company, Hell's Kitchen Productions. I hope you enjoy this.....

Q: How long have you been a member of The Church Of Satan?

Peggy: About 15 years.

Q: Were you aother religion before you became a Satanist?

Peggy: I was raised a Catholic and attended Catholic school. However, I was never quite sure about the God thing and declared myself an athiest in my early teens.

Q: What are your personal views on Christianity?

Peggy: While I know many worthwhile individuals (including members of my own family) who are Christian, I consider it a destructive, anti-life philosophy that has set the human race back thousands of years.

Q: Do you ever get threats from Christians for being a Satanist?

Peggy: Yes. (yawns)

Q: What are the duties of a Magistra in The Church?

Peggy: A Magistra of Satan takes on responsibilities for the Church as she sees fit-- when she sees something that needs to be done, she volunteers to do it, or finds someone who can. Occasionally she may get requests from our High Priest, Anton LaVey, but these are requests, not orders. Activities usually involve media representation or screening of other members.

Q: Does the Church ever associate with the Temple Of Set?

Peggy: The Temple Of Set has a history, since its inception in 1975, of spreading of spreading lies and misinformation about the Church of Satan and Anton LaVey.

Q: Do you speak to Dr. LaVey on a daily basis?

Peggy: Not daily, no. I don't even speak to my mother _that_ often!

Q: Have you or Dr. LaVey spoken to Charles Manson?

Peggy: No.

Q: Have you personally spoken to Rev. Marilyn Manson?

Peggy: No, but my husband, Peter H. Gilmore, has met with him.

Q: Were you present when Dr.LaVey spoke to Richard Ramirez?

Peggy: No -- that was many years ago, and it was only a brief encounter on the street.

Q: Is Dr.LaVey working on any side projects now?

Peggy: He is always writing and recording more music. He is also raising his son, four-year-old Satan Xerxes Carnacki LaVey.

Q: Do you have any other occupations outside of The Church?

Peggy: I edit and publish a horror journal, _Grue_. I also run our publishing company, Hell's Kitchen Productions.

Q: What is your daily schedule like?

Peggy: I rise around eleven or twelve, take my dog to the park, do some paperwork, answer phone calls, faxes and e-mail. Then I usually have a meal. We often have evening engagements with other area Satanists or those coming through town. I'll typically do some more work at my computer between one and four a.m., and then go to bed.

Q: Does the Church recognize Wicca?

Peggy: Yes -- it's a nice little religion and Wiccans are often nice people.

Q: Are you ever recognized in the general public as being a Satanist?

Peggy: No -- in fact, never. I'm very good at disappearing.

Q: Do you have children?

Peggy: No.

Q: If you did, would you raise them in a Satanic atmosphere or let them chose their own religion?

Peggy: I don't think I could raise them in anything BUT a Satanic "atmosphere," but I'd certainly let them make their own decisions about religion.

Peggy Nadramia is an American magazine editor and administrator in the Church of Satan, of which she is the current High Priestess, and in which she is known as Magistra Nadramia, as well as the wife of current church head Peter H. Gilmore.

She became High Priestess on April 30, 2002, when she was appointed to the office by the previous High Priestess, Blanche Barton. From May 2001, she had served as Magistra Templi Rex of the Church.

2 comments:

  1. This is a horribly ancient interview or a totally fabricated one since LaVey died 12 years ago. Also the fact that Ms. Nadramia thinks of the position of Magistra as administrative shows she knows nothing about the degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We figured it was pretty ancient. She she talks about Lavay as alive. However it seemed good to collect it since there is little from her.

    ReplyDelete